Question Iron golem farms

deesturbed

Feb 2, 2022
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with iron golem farms not working on paper, spawning 0 golems, even tho the iron-golem-can-spawn-in-air option is set to true in config, the exact same farm is recreated on default spigot and vanilla servers and singleplayer, works on all of them. Can confirm that i`m not hitting the mob cap. Any help would be very appreciated.
Best regards.

HeatedPrism

Mar 3, 2022
Most conventional designs didn't work for me. I modeled my farm mostly after Wattles' setup (per his current Survival series) with a few Pixlriffs design tweaks (per his current Survival series) and found that I was getting 0 golems. I had to modify it so that the zombie was bobbing up and down in a small soul sand bubble column, which broke the line of sight just long enough for the villagers to sleep at night. When they're awake during the day, I get golems spawning about every 30 seconds.

TaklaPro

Jan 14, 2022
Most conventional designs didn't work for me. I modeled my farm mostly after Wattles' setup (per his current Survival series) with a few Pixlriffs design tweaks (per his current Survival series) and found that I was getting 0 golems. I had to modify it so that the zombie was bobbing up and down in a small soul sand bubble column, which broke the line of sight just long enough for the villagers to sleep at night. When they're awake during the day, I get golems spawning about every 30 seconds.
Hi there, there is a better solution for this and a bit more lag friendly, check out shulkercraft's mini iron farm, he's got a redstone clock and the zombie is standing on a piston (updated version)