Question Fix new chunk exploit

PesteNoire

Jan 29, 2022
Hello.

On a 1.16.5 server. Players Can (thanks to cheats (authorized)) to see the difference between the new chunks and the old ones. And so they can retrace the steps of the players and find the bases.

I would like to know if we can fix this on Paper 1.16.5?

I saw on a post that "fixed-chunk-inhabited-time" could help. But it was not specified how much we had to put in numbers etc. Is there a plugin to fix this?

Tkanks !

Version Output
Last edited:

EterNity

Staff member
Dec 13, 2021
under your bed!
paper-chan.moe
The 1.16 is fortunately no longer supported and will not get any more updates.

I think most hack client can determine if a chunk is new or not with other means anyway so fix-chunk-inhabited-time wouldn't prevent anyone to trace player footpath.

PesteNoire

Jan 29, 2022
The 1.16 is fortunately no longer supported and will not get any more updates.

I think most hack client can determine if a chunk is new or not with other means anyway so fix-chunk-inhabited-time wouldn't prevent anyone to trace player footpath.
So you think I have no solution?

And what does the fix chunk inhabitée time parameter mean? I don't understand what it does exactly.

Thanks !

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
fixed chunk inhabited lets you set how long a chunk has been "active", there are many caveats towards that, i.e. local difficulty, but, given that that is what's used to control that that's all there really is

There is no magical number here, just note that it impacts difficulty levels, etc

PesteNoire

Jan 29, 2022
fixed chunk inhabited lets you set how long a chunk has been "active", there are many caveats towards that, i.e. local difficulty, but, given that that is what's used to control that that's all there really is

There is no magical number here, just note that it impacts difficulty levels, etc
And no idea to fix new chunk exploit ?

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
if they're using the inhabited timer to check, set that option to something other than the default
once again, there is no specific recommended value there and it does have an impact on the behavior of the server

Reactions: PesteNoire