Question When will PaperMC 1.19 come out?

kenan

Jun 8, 2022
The new 1.19 Minecraft update has just came out, and I was just wondering, will there be a PaperMC update as well?

aurora

Community Manager
Dec 17, 2021
There Is No ETA
Updates to Paper do not have any sort of estimate for when they release, ever. Any and all updates will arrive when they are ready, and the only thing to do is wait for them patiently along with everyone else. Join our Discord for more updates on the progress

kalle

Jun 10, 2022
It would be very nice of you if any progress could be announced, even if you don't have a specific date for any release.
Since a reply like the one posted can be found quite offensive and rude by many people.

kenan

Jun 8, 2022
There Is No ETA
Updates to Paper do not have any sort of estimate for when they release, ever. Any and all updates will arrive when they are ready, and the only thing to do is wait for them patiently along with everyone else. Join our Discord for more updates on the progress
Ok, thank you for the response!

surfrock66

Mar 14, 2022
Just for understanding, generally paper updates after spigot as it's downstream, so if you're looking for progress, check the spigot forums. They have a dev build out, and people are going through and testing plugins now, there's lots of various updates there. Some people are talking about API changes that broke plugins involving vanish/spectator behavior, so it seems there's still some work to be done. If history is an indicator, Spigot usually takes ~2 weeks to become stable after a release, then paper some time after that, then plugins a bit after that. I tell my players don't expect an update to be completely ready for about a month.

kalle

Jun 10, 2022
Just for understanding, generally paper updates after spigot as it's downstream, so if you're looking for progress, check the spigot forums. They have a dev build out, and people are going through and testing plugins now, there's lots of various updates there. Some people are talking about API changes that broke plugins involving vanish/spectator behavior, so it seems there's still some work to be done. If history is an indicator, Spigot usually takes ~2 weeks to become stable after a release, then paper some time after that, then plugins a bit after that. I tell my players don't expect an update to be completely ready for about a month.
Spigot has been out for a few days. so shouldn't take paper that long.

surfrock66

Mar 14, 2022
This is the thread I'm following, even though dev builds are out they are not ready for use. Because people only run them in test environments, some API weirdness doesn't get discovered yet. There are reports of some weird behaviours, and users in that thread generally recommend waiting for a .1 release. Paper can likely start dev against them, but it would be premature to call spigot "out" https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/spigot-bungeecord-1-19.559742/page-4

aurora

Community Manager
Dec 17, 2021
Spigot has the possibility to work on the snapshots, but they choose to not publish their work until after the update. That is why Spigot is available so quickly. We however have to wait until after Spigot decides to make push their changes, and only then can we start working.
We've been working nonstop for over 48 hours after Spigot released and are now testing the experimental builds on Discord. There will be an announcement in the forum as soon as proper builds will be released.

And lastly, don't talk about being offensive and rude and then post comments like that. We do all of this work in our free time, no one get's paid for this and we all have other stuff to work on. If you want to contribute financially or with your time that is always welcome.

Reactions: shtsoul