https://modrinth.com/plugin/vlobby
Source Code
https://github.com/4drian3d/VLobby/
Minecraft Versions
Velocity 3.1.2+
Compatible Java Versions
Java 11+
VLobby
Lobby commands with support for multiple lobbies and different distribution modes

Features
  • Add as many commands as you like as lobby commands
  • Add as many servers as you want to count as lobbies
  • Choose between different shipping modes between lobbies. For example, send to the emptiest lobby available, or to a random lobby.
  • You can set it to be able to teleport to each server with its own command. For example, if you have the "survival" server, the command to go to that server would be "/survival". This is configurable in the CommandHandler section

Requirements

• Velocity 3.2.0+
  • Java 11+

Commands

In VLobby there are 2 CommandHandlers

- REGULAR
It is the default operation of VLobby, you can set as many commands as you want to teleport to a group of Lobby servers (or to a single Lobby if you have only one Lobby).

- COMMAND_TO_SERVER
With this CommandHandler you can teleport to any server using its name as command.
For example, to teleport to the "survival" server, you would require the "vlobby.command.survival" permission and you would use the "/survival" command

Translated with DeepL

Last edited:

purejosh

Jun 21, 2022
Hey 4dr, I understand that this will add a slash command for /hub or /lobby, but can it also be used for other servers under the proxy? For example, if I have a vanilla, a modded, and a minigame server, could I just add /vanilla, /modded, and /minigame?

Or, would you recommend I look at another plugin.

4drian3d

Jan 5, 2022
Perú
Hey 4dr, I understand that this will add a slash command for /hub or /lobby, but can it also be used for other servers under the proxy? For example, if I have a vanilla, a modded, and a minigame server, could I just add /vanilla, /modded, and /minigame?

Or, would you recommend I look at another plugin.
In the latest update of VLobby I added specifically that

Bl_ckBuster

Aug 19, 2023
For example, send to the emptiest lobby available, or to a random lobby.

It's bad practise. Good practise will be to make it as below:
  1. By default 1-2 lobbies (configurable) are available
  2. All players are shipping to first of them which has available slots for it. When first lobby is full, then ship next players to next one lobby
  3. If all lobbies are occupied (or better if only one non-full of players lobby is left), create new one lobby (there is needed to specify max lobby-servers amount and amount of them at all, or check if server has CPU/RAM isn't going up to overload)
So you/we will have no semi-empty lobbies (e.g. if we have 4 players, we will not be in situation that one lobby has 3 players, but second has 1 player || or e.g. one server has 20 players and second server has 3 players). And we don't need excessive instances of lobby. If we have 40 players online and lobby has 50 slots - we don't need to keep running 10 lobby-server instances for times when 400 players will be online. What online - so much and keep the lobby running. Because there can be also situation that will be runned 2 lobbies (50 slots each), but 200 players will want to join... And they will have no available slots to join, because with increasing of online players count, new instances should be runned automatically. It's right solution