Plugin Release V-Message | Simple Global Chatting, Join/leave/change message w/ LuckPerms Support for all the messages

Download Link
https://github.com/FeuSalamander/Vmessage
Source Code
https://github.com/FeuSalamander/Vmessage
Minecraft Versions
Velocity
Ever wanted to have your messages sent globally across your Velocity proxy with LuckPerms ranks ? Here's a simple plugin to do just that!

• 4 Events with custom messages for each
    • Player Message
    • Player join the network
    • Player left the network
    • Player server change
  • LuckPerms Prefix and Suffix Support
  • Reload command: "/vmessage reload"
  • Global message command: "/sendall"
  • MiniMessage support
  • "vmessage.reload" to access to the reload command
  • "vmessage.minimessage" the player need to have it to use MiniMessage in his messages

Last edited:

JosTheDude

Aug 23, 2022
Use this description of your plugin so it can get more downloads :)

V-Message | Simple Global Chatting w/ LuckPerms Support
Ever wanted to have your messages sent globally across your Velocity proxy? Here's a simple plugin to do just that!

• No Setup, just Drag & Drop!
  • LuckPerms Prefix Support
  • Velocity Support (since theres like 200 bungee plugins that do this lol)

crckd

Jun 5, 2022
Hi. Is there any way you could make Join/Leave messages to be sent to other servers as well? Like "User joined the <server>" and vice versa for leaving.

Reactions: FeuSalamander

crckd

Jun 5, 2022
Vmessage 1.2 is now live:
  • added join/quit/switch messages
  • optimisations
Hi there. Thank you for fulfilling my request. I have few inputs regarding bugs/improvement.

• Join and Leave is executed for clients that are not whitelisted.
  • It would be great if you could have reload/restart config command :)

BlueGuitarCL

Dec 24, 2022
I almost done it, now I need to test it but I am in vacations so I can't do it. I will be back in 2 weeks.
Ty for letting know to us! I just downloaded and tested this, turns out is one of the few plugins that does not have problems over 1.19.1+ versions & Velocity.
I saw you only had support for #prefix# placeholders, but my chat decoration was made with both prefix an suffix. Could you add the latter as a placeholder on your plugin too, please?

Edit: You can take a look to an MIT Licensed repo that had a LuckPerms hook but has been unmantained for more than a year.

Last edited:

FeuSalamander

Sep 29, 2022
Ty for letting know to us! I just downloaded and tested this, turns out is one of the few plugins that does not have problems over 1.19.1+ versions & Velocity.
I saw you only had support for #prefix# placeholders, but my chat decoration was made with both prefix an suffix. Could you add the latter as a placeholder on your plugin too, please?

Edit: You can take a look to an MIT Licensed repo that had a LuckPerms hook but has been unmantained for more than a year.
Yeah sure, for the next version with the bug fix and the reload command I will add the suffix placeholder

FeuSalamander

Sep 29, 2022
Vmessage 1.4 is live:
  • added the luckperms prefix support
  • fixed the join message send when a player join despite he his not able to join
  • added the reload command: "/vmessage reload" permission: "*"

Reactions: BlueGuitarCL

FeuSalamander

Sep 29, 2022
Vmessage 1.5 is now live:
  • Added "sendall" command
  • Added MiniMessage support
  • Don't forget to update the config file by adding:
    [Message-format]
    #set it to true to use MiniMessage and false to use hex colors
    minimessage = false

vajje

Mar 25, 2023
I almost got it working, but I do not know why it does not work properly. I installed a fresh latest velocity and paper both with luckperms then added the vmessage plugin, the plugin gets loaded ok and displays I joined my server. But when I write in chat I just get the default minecraft "<user> message" message. What am I missing? Also will this chat plugin overcome the "Chat message signing" error minecraft has these days, even when secure profile is set to false?

I can say that I receive this when setting "all=true" in the config.toml file as well:

[21:04:10 INFO]: (hub) prefix vajje > test
[21:04:10 FATAL]: A plugin tried to cancel a signed chat message. This is no longer possible in 1.19.1 and newer. Disconnecting play
er vajje

4drian3d

Jan 5, 2022
Perú

BrandNewSentence

Mar 23, 2023
Hello, I was wondering if your plugin is configurable to only show leave and join messages across the network and not chat.

Edit: Works straight out of the box for what I needed. Thanks!

Last edited: