Question Update configuration files post-update

thomas09555

Feb 20, 2024
USA
I've noticed significant variations between configuration files on a fresh server (1.18) and an older one (1.8 -> ...->1.18), which has only been updated. Would it be beneficial to remove the server.properties, spigot.yml, and paper.yml files, or would it potentially disrupt my server's functionality?

thomas09555

Feb 20, 2024
USA
Wow, thanks for the heads up! It sounds like I don't need to stress about those files. It's a relief to know that the paper.yml file will just do its thing and migrate itself to the config/paper-global.yml file. Saves me a ton of hassle! Thanks again for the smooth advice!

[Edited by staff.]

Last edited by a moderator:

joycebyerstr

Feb 20, 2024
It's interesting the insight, but I'm not fully sold. I think it's important to double-check and maybe even back up those files just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry, right?
Wow, thanks for the heads up! It sounds like I don't need to stress about those files. It's a relief to know that the paper.yml file will just do its thing and migrate itself to the config/paper-global.yml file. By the way, have you heard about the latest paper generator tool? Saves me a ton of hassle! Thanks again for the smooth advice!
[Edited by staff.]

Last edited: