Announcement Announcing the end of life of Waterfall

Announcing the end of life of Waterfall​

As many of you might have noticed, Waterfall hasn't received much love from our team and the great contributor community in the past years. We have also seen less and less traffic in the support channels on Discord. Additionally, Mojang is making huge investments into the core engine of the game which results in big and complicated changes to the inner workings of the game. While these changes are very welcome and we have been pushing for some of them for years, they also mean that there is a bunch of work ahead of us for adapting our projects to these changes.
We don't think we can find enough people from our team and contributors to put that work into Waterfall anymore, we want to focus our efforts on our flagship projects Paper and Velocity. We also don't feel comfortable putting out something that doesn't live up to our standards in terms of the testing that went into it.
That's why we decided that we want to officially announce the end of life of Waterfall.

What is changing?​

Starting today, big red angry banners will appear on the Waterfall sub-pages of our documentation site and our website. These are pointing here and act as a way to inform everybody of what is going on.
Other than that, there will be no direct change. All documentation will still be accessible, you will still be able to download all versions of Waterfall as usual.
What will change is that you will see even more sporadic updates. You also shouldn't count on updates to new Minecraft versions, although we aren't ruling that out at this time.

What should I do?​

Migrate to Velocity! All the knowledge the people who originally worked on Waterfall gained has been put into Velocity, a proxy solution that was built from the ground up with performance, stability and security in mind. You can learn how to get started with Velocity on our documentation site.
You can find plugins compatible with Velocity on Hangar, our new plugin repository.
If you encounter any issues while migrating to Velocity, feel free to post on the forums or our Discord, we are happy to help!

Please join our discord community if you have any concerns about this announcement.

Announcing the end of life of Waterfall​

As many of you might have noticed, Waterfall hasn't received much love from our team and the great contributor community in the past years. We have also seen less and less traffic in the support channels on Discord. Additionally, Mojang is making huge investments into the core engine of the game which results in big and complicated changes to the inner workings of the game. While these changes are very welcome and we have been pushing for some of them for years, they also mean that there is a bunch of work ahead of us for adapting our projects to these changes.
We don't think we can find enough people from our team and contributors to put that work into Waterfall anymore, we want to focus our efforts on our flagship projects Paper and Velocity. We also don't feel comfortable putting out something that doesn't live up to our standards in terms of the testing that went into it.
That's why we decided that we want to officially announce the end of life of Waterfall.

What is changing?​

Starting today, big red angry banners will appear on the Waterfall sub-pages of our documentation site and our website. These are pointing here and act as a way to inform everybody of what is going on.
Other than that, there will be no direct change. All documentation will still be accessible, you will still be able to download all versions of Waterfall as usual.
What will change is that you will see even more sporadic updates. You also shouldn't count on updates to new Minecraft versions, although we aren't ruling that out at this time.

What should I do?​

Migrate to Velocity! All the knowledge the people who originally worked on Waterfall gained has been put into Velocity, a proxy solution that was built from the ground up with performance, stability and security in mind. You can learn how to get started with Velocity on our documentation site.
You can find plugins compatible with Velocity on Hangar, our new plugin repository.
If you encounter any issues while migrating to Velocity, feel free to post on the forums or our Discord, we are happy to help!

Please join our discord community if you have any concerns about this announcement.
I made a point of logging into the forum that I hadn't used in a while to say that:

Waterfall is really good!

Please, can you revive it? This is very important for my server! My server has been keen to use Waterfall, it is really very useful and convenient, the contribution to everyone is not small!why!:cry:

Waterfall won't be revived as there is no interest by developers to actively work on it. It is recommended to migrate to Velocity, which is more actively developed.

Please, can you revive it? This is very important for my server! My server has been keen to use Waterfall, it is really very useful and convenient, the contribution to everyone is not small!why!:cry:
I switched very easily from Waterfall to Velocity almost a year ago and I can say that it is 100% worth it. There are no downsides to switching. Yes, you can argue that there are a few plugins that you have currently that might not work on Velocity, but there are many alternatives that do work on both, just do a little search. In fact, when I switched I actually found even better plugins that I did not know about.

I switched from Waterfall to Velocity, and the whole process took less than 10 minutes.
It's really too easy
Most of the plugins I use, such as LuckPerms, miniMOTD, TAB, etc., have versions adapted to Velocity.