Question Webinterface to manage paper mc servers

alexanderth

Oct 14, 2022
Hello,

So far, for a couple of years now, I used to manually create additional paper mc servers from the (linux) commandline.

Is there a webinterface that you can recommend to manage servers, change settings for servers, create new ones, maybe couple them, etc?
I have been looking ,and find some rather outdated suggestions, often not for Paper MC.
So it is a bit hard to know where to start looking.

Ideally, it should be so that even my kids could create new 'servers' for them and their friends on my machine(s)

Thanks !

Alexander.

Last edited:

Noah

Paper Developer
Staff member
Jan 4, 2022
The Netherlands
The most commonly used solution by the community is Pterodactyl, which is not specifically for Minecraft (but rather games in general), but supports it very well. Pterodactyl also runs your servers in isolated docker containers, offering some extra security with basically no overhead.

alexanderth

Oct 14, 2022
The most commonly used solution by the community is Pterodactyl, which is not specifically for Minecraft (but rather games in general), but supports it very well. Pterodactyl also runs your servers in isolated docker containers, offering some extra security with basically no overhead.
Hi Noah,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for your suggestion!

Pterodactyl looks very good from what I see on the website
I do have some trouble setting it up correctly, and since I only had time in the weekend I am trying more now.
My main problems seems to be it does not accept local IP addresses, so it is ( or seems) a bit hard. I can install using localhost, but this gives all kinds of side effects ( at least, I assume they are side effects).
I will try againto get it up and running later today , but any hints on running it on a local NUC ( using local IP's, other than using localhost) would be appreciated.

Alexander.

alexanderth

Oct 14, 2022
An update from my side:

I updated to the latest version ( 1.4), and suddenly, I CAN use local IP addresses. This improved the situation , and now i can start a paper server!
yeah!
I think i ran into a recent bug that caused the problems I had for my specific usecase, which was described here and solved in 1.4: https://github.com/pterodactyl/panel/issues/4422

Anyway, Pterodactyl looks like a good tool to use for this. I will now start further investigation into how to best use Pterodactyl, but it looks really good so far!

Thanks so far for pointing me to Pterodactyl,

Best.

Alexander.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noah