Question veloticy as a proxy

SPYSEL

May 1, 2023
Hello. Faced with a problem: when restarting velocity players who connected to the server through veloticy kicks, and they can not come in until veloticy will not restart. Yes, I understand that the restart time is not great, but if velocity will fall, and all players will be out, then what is the point of the proxy server?

How do I disable players from exiting? Thanks. 1.19.4. [translated from Russian by DeepL]

Last edited:

hello

Aug 26, 2023
Hello. Faced with a problem: when restarting velocity players who connected to the server through veloticy kicks, and they can not come in until veloticy will not restart. Yes, I understand that the restart time is not great, but if velocity will fall, and all players will be out, then what is the point of the proxy server?

How do I disable players from exiting? Thanks. 1.19.4. [translated from Russian by DeepL]

1. Schedule Restarts: Plan server restarts when fewer players are online to minimize disruption. Notify players ahead of time.

2. Announcements: Use in-game messages to warn players about upcoming restarts so they can finish tasks.

3. Check Configurations: Review Velocity proxy settings for options related to player disconnections during restarts.

4. Plugin Settings: If using plugins, check their settings for restart-related options.

5. Read Documentation: Refer to Velocity's documentation for advice on handling restarts.

6. Backup Regularly: Keep backups in case a restart causes issues.

7. Multiple Proxies: If possible, use multiple proxies to balance load during restarts.

8. Communication: Keep players informed about the need for restarts and efforts to minimize disruptions.

Remember, complete prevention of player disconnections during restarts might not be possible, but these steps can help lessen the impact on players.