Plugin Release VelocityBroadcast Version 0.8

Velocity Broadcast
The new proxy broadcasting plugin

Hello everyone! So today I made my first actually functional and practical Minecraft plugin and I wanted to share it with you all, for free of course! I am just riding the high of making a plugin that actually works. I have been developing Minecraft plugins for a while. Or really more studying the concept and ways to create plugins I myself want to use. The only difference? If I make one that works, I want to share it with others! So I present… VelocityBroadcast! With this plugin you can easily and simply send messages across your network if you have something to say that everyone needs to see. Or you can configure it so that Buycraft/Tebex purchase announcements use the plugin to broadcast to everyone! I would love to see how you guys put this plugin to use.

Without further ado, let us get into the core features and commands.

Commands and Permissions

There is only one command and it is pretty simple to use. Please note that you can not use color codes yet. Though that is in the works.

• /vb {message} (vb.broadcast)
  • /vbprefix {New prefix} (OPs only)

Update: Added the command /vbprefix to change the prefix in game

Installation

Installation is very easy. Simply drop the VelocityBroadcast-x.x.jar into your Velocity server's plugins folder, restart the proxy, and you are good to go. Simply type the command from any of your backend servers and you will be able to broadcast!

Update: Now you can edit the new config.yml in the velocitybroadcast folder to update your prefix for the plugin.

Screenshots
sNEXkb3.png
ItUfxCg.png

Future Plans

My future plans right now are simple yet also takes some more looking into Velocity’s API.

[x] Add color code and format code support
[ ] Add a toggleable debug mode to output debug text to the console
[ ] Add a config folder and set up a system for automatic broadcasts/announcements

You can also submit feature requests (Or even bugs) on the project’s GITHUB repository

Terms of Use

Please keep in mind the following when using this plugin on your network.

Please do not claim the code as your own
Please do not rip the code and restructure it to then claim as your own
Please do not redistribute the plugin under any circumstances. I will post it to the websites I want to post it to

Outside of that, you can use this however you want. If you want to submit pull requests and help in development, you are free to do so.

Thanks for downloading and I hope you enjoy!​

Attachments

• VelocityBroadcast.png
    VelocityBroadcast.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-09-26 190605.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-26 190605.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-09-26 190629.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-26 190629.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Adzel_Firestar

Aug 31, 2024
New update posted that adds/removes the following:

Removed:

• Changed the plugin structure to remove the long-winded plugin command. Now all commands use the /vb command (Instead of /velocitybroadcast)

Added:

• Added new command (/vbprefix) for ops to be able to change the plugin prefix from in game
  • Added config folder for the plugin located at /plugins/velocitybroadcast to change the prefix by hand if you prefer.