Question Trying to update my papermc server running in a docker container

Shift148

Jun 15, 2023
Hello yall, I followed a tutorial not too long ago for 1.19.4,
. this is essentially how my server is setup, I am trying to update to 1.20 and just using the pull command and restarting the server isnt working even though the pull command itself works and says its up to date when i use it again. its still stuck in 1.19.4 and I dont know what I should do. if it is relevant i am running this on a raspberry pi4 8gb.

Edit: this is what comes up when I try the pull command again,
latest: Pulling from marctv/minecraft-papermc-server
Digest: sha256:5bda413b4f865e50f707df5e8c39a5efce40f88def84747b84f6bac4bb195bc2
Status: Image is up to date for marctv/minecraft-papermc-server:latest
docker.io/marctv/minecraft-papermc-server:latest

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyFeet

Morpheustrue

Oct 14, 2023
Hello yall, I followed a tutorial not too long ago for 1.19.4,
. this is essentially how my server is setup, I am trying to update to 1.20 and just using the pull command and restarting the server isnt working even though the pull command itself works and says its up to date when i use it again. its still stuck in 1.19.4 and I dont know what I should do. if it is relevant i am running this on a raspberry pi4 8gb.

Edit: this is what comes up when I try the pull command again,
latest: Pulling from marctv/minecraft-papermc-server
Digest: sha256:5bda413b4f865e50f707df5e8c39a5efce40f88def84747b84f6bac4bb195bc2
Status: Image is up to date for marctv/minecraft-papermc-server:latest
docker.io/marctv/minecraft-papermc-server:latest
You should install Portainer, thats an webUI for Docker. I would also use the itzg Image, one of the best in my opinion... In Portainer there's an option where you can set the Version of your Server. You can Type in LATEST, and it automatically updates when you restart your server. You can also type in the version of your choice manually, but that could be a problem because sometimes there is no possibility to change your version back to a previous one...