Question /trigger command not working

alexolow

Jan 23, 2022
So I'm running a 1.18.1 Paper server and I have a datapack installed that displays my coordinates on my action bar when enter /trigger Coordinates into the chat. However, when I do that, it returns a message saying that I cannot trigger it yet. How can I fix this?

alexolow

Jan 23, 2022
The specific message I got was "You cannot trigger this objective yet". It doesn't give me this issue in singleplayer minecraft and there are still a few /trigger commands that I can execute on my server (like "/trigger back" from the /back vanilla tweaks datapack). What condition do I have to add/change in the paper.yml file to make this work?

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
Do you still have the same issue when you remove all other datapacks, and all plugins? I’m guessing you have a plugin that’s changing the players scoreboard. Also, what datapack is this so I can try to replicate your issue?

alexolow

Jan 23, 2022
I'm not able to test that without resetting my world, and it took me a lot of time to get it set up, so I would prefer not to test it that way. Would bukkit being installed interfere with /trigger command permissions (it's installed as a datapack on my server)?

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
You don’t “install” bukkit, you install datapacks. And the command permissions should be fine, that message you are getting is when something doesn’t work with the /scoreboard command. Post exact reproduction steps, and where to get this datapack to I can try to reproduce it without plugins.

alexolow

Jan 23, 2022
I'm hosting the server via minehut, and bukkit is present as a folder in the "datapacks" folder by default.

Here's the link to the datapack I'm referring to: https://www.planetminecraft.com/data-pack/coordinates/

Steps are as follows: create a new world with the datapack installed and type /trigger Coordinates into the chat. It should bring up a menu in the chat that will allow you to enable, disable, and tweak the text displaying your coordinates in the action bar.

alexolow

Jan 23, 2022
Are there any commands or bits of code in bukkit, json, etc. that can remove the ability to trigger certain scoreboards? I might just need to look for them and have them disabled.