Question TNT behaiving wierdly on papermc

1234567s

Dec 10, 2023
I have built a design of a cannon that makes use of tnt duplicators to accelerate an arrow and kill the ender dragon, however, the TNT behavior seems to be different from vanilla.
this is a video on how the TNTs behave in papermc
and this is a video on how the TNTs behave in vanilla
I have removed all the plugins to check if the plugins have been causing issues but it did not make any difference. The version is 1.20.4 because the tick function was helpful for debugging and making the video but the behavior was the same on version 1.20.2.
I want to make the TNT behave the same as vanilla minecraft but I could not find which setting I needed to tweak to achieve that, it will be appreciated if someone can tell me what settings needs to be tweaked in order to make the TNT behave the same as vanilla minecraft

Version Output
This server is running Paper version git-Paper-320 (MC: 1.20.4) (Implementing API version 1.20.4-R0.1-SNAPSHOT) (Git: bcbe5dc)
You are running the latest version
Previous version: git-Paper-280 (MC: 1.20.2)

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
Since the design you mentioned relies on TNT duplication, make sure you have set allow-piston-duplication in the unsupported-settings section of the paper-global.yml file to true.

1234567s

Dec 10, 2023
Since the design you mentioned relies on TNT duplication, make sure you have set allow-piston-duplication in the unsupported-settings section of the paper-global.yml file to true.
The config allow-piston-duplication was already set to true. As can be seen in the video the TNT has been duplicated successfully, the issue that I am having here is that the falling TNT seems to be moving differently compared to vanilla minecraft which causes the whole setup to just blow up and I was unable to figure out what caused the difference between the falling TNT on the papermc server and vanilla as I the build in papermc and vanilla is exactly the same and if there is anything I can do to resolve the issue.
In vanilla minecraft the falling TNT was pushed successfully by the piston and slime but the TNT on the papermc server seems to lag back for some reason which causes the build to blow up.