Question Silverfish not "summoning" other silverfish when poisoned

Karaon

Apr 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am playing on a minecraft survival server that uses Paper. I am not an owner/admin of this server so don't have acces to any logs/settings. As the admins have struggled finding a solution so far this is my attempt to find some answers to help them.

The issue I am running into is that a Silverfish that is poisoned is not "summoning" or "calling" infested blocks nearby to break and spawn more silverfish. They do still "summon" or "call" infested block nearby when directly damaged by a player.

I'm hoping someone is able to point me in the right direction as its a pretty obscure mechanic to run into...

Karaon

TylBur

Jan 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am playing on a minecraft survival server that uses Paper. I am not an owner/admin of this server so don't have acces to any logs/settings. As the admins have struggled finding a solution so far this is my attempt to find some answers to help them.

The issue I am running into is that a Silverfish that is poisoned is not "summoning" or "calling" infested blocks nearby to break and spawn more silverfish. They do still "summon" or "call" infested block nearby when directly damaged by a player.

I'm hoping someone is able to point me in the right direction as its a pretty obscure mechanic to run into...

Karaon
That's strange..
Stupid question but are you certain there are other infested blocks within range?
Any sort of plugin output in console?

Karaon

Apr 11, 2022
That's strange..
Stupid question but are you certain there are other infested blocks within range?
Any sort of plugin output in console?

100% sure that infested blocks are in range.
Sadly I have no console acces so I can't say whether or not there is any ouput.