Question Reoccurring 'Exception ticking world' Crash

slimofthejimz

Jan 27, 2024
Hello,

I've had a reoccurring crash on my 1.20.4 Paper server over the past couple of weeks. Server was originally running Paper version 389 and I had updated to 399 to see if that would help and it hasn't. Crash only seems to happen when someone is logged into the server. The crash has also happened within 5 minutes of someone joining, or up to an hour after someone joined. Googling some of the errors in the crash report always comes back with crashes on modded servers, but this is a vanilla server with a handful of plugins.

Server was originally running in an Ubuntu VM but I have since moved it to a Win10 VM to see if that would make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated, and if I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Thanks!

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
My best guess would be that one of your plugins is performing operations from a different thread which are not supported to be. I'd recommend testing to see which plugin is the culprit. If you still get this issue without any plugins, then this is probably a Paper issue and I'd recommend reporting it on the issues page.

slimofthejimz

Jan 27, 2024
Thanks for the tip! I disabled all plugins and the crash still happens. I updated to the latest version of Paper as well to cover all bases and it still crashes. Will make a thread on the issues page.

Thanks!