Redirect old Velocity plugin page to new one

Simonsator

May 27, 2022
Is it somehow possible to redirect my old plugin download page which was hosted on forums.velocitypowered.com to the new one hear on paper? Currently if you click the link in google or using a bookmark it just redirects to forums.papermc.io

Reactions: patrickstar
Jan 28, 2022
Germany
crazycloudcraft.de
That does not solve the problem for other users who want to find the content. Also I am not sure on which other sites (wiki and co) I linked my plugins old velocity page.
But you can just create a new one on the papermc.io forums. So, you mean, that the old forum posts are not in the new forum, right?
Or do you mean, that in other wikis there is liked the old post and then you klick it you just come to the forums.papermc.io without the post/article.

Simonsator

May 27, 2022
But you can just create a new one on the papermc.io forums. So, you mean, that the old forum posts are not in the new forum, right?
Not directly. I reposted my plugin already, but other websites like google and some other forums are still linking to the og plugin page which was deleted. The web standard offers something called a 301 status code, which tells websites like google that the content has moved. Most people are currently unable to find my plugin. It would be a good practise to redirect the old plugin pages to the newly created once. Here is a link to a w3.org article on why not doing this is bad practice.

Reactions: Arceus
Jan 28, 2022
Germany
crazycloudcraft.de
Not directly. I reposted my plugin already, but other websites like google and some other forums are still linking to the og plugin page which was deleted. The web standard offers something called a 301 status code, which tells websites like google that the content has moved. Most people are currently unable to find my plugin. It would be a good practise to redirect the old plugin pages to the newly created once. Here is a link to a w3.org article on why not doing this is bad practice.
Okey, i think that this should be also reported under the Suggestion & Feedback section and not only under discussion.