Solved Paper 1.18.2

PerthDad

Apr 4, 2022
Hello,
I am having issues connecting an android client to a debian server.
It does not appear to be an issue with NAT or port forwarding.
A friend has successfully connected with the desktop version of minecraft without issues.

I can ping the server, and it port scans as open from my laptop. The server is a debian server in a remote location.
I downloaded the Android version to my tablet today and have connected to a public server just fine.
I added my private server but when trying to connect I get
"unable to connect to world"
I also note, for my server the "current ping" is red with no ping result. It's like the Android version does not want to talk to the server for some reason.

Details:
Android minecraft version: v1.18.12 - Downloaded from play store today
Debian minecraft version: Tried generic java server 1.18.2 with no luck (except my friend connecting), now trying paper 1.18.2 still unable to get android to connect.

I feel like I am missing something obvious here, was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit?

Thanks.

PerthDad

Apr 4, 2022
If you are connecting from Bedrock (Android, IOS, Xbox, Playstation, Windows 10 Edition) to a Java Edition server, then you need Floodgate and Geyser as plugins on your Java server to accept Bedrock clients. You can find a full guide on how to set this up here: https://wiki.geysermc.org/geyser/setup/
OMG LoJoSho!! You've saved my sanity!
so about 8 hours later, at 1am on a Tuesday morning I have finally got it going. Thank you very much.

Now I just have to go through and figure out how to secure it to make it safe and private for the 6-9yr olds that will be using it as well re-tightning my nftables (I slacked everything off while I got this going).

I cant tell you how happy I am now. My kids are going to be stoked and you've made me into superdad. I owe you one!