Question New 1.19 Update didnt update my Biomes

arontv

Jun 24, 2022
I have a minecraft server on the hoster "zap hosting" i use paper spigot to get a better perfomance on the server. i updatet from the newest 1.18.2 version to 1.19 and literally nothing from the map changed. no deep dark, no mangroove swamps etc. I can get every item in creative but i cant find anything without it. No natural spawning frogs etc. i dont know what to do since i dont want to restart the map again and loose all progress

Noah

Paper Developer
Staff member
Jan 4, 2022
The Netherlands
Did you explore the world for the new terrain or are you looking at chunks that were generated before? Existing terrain won't suddenly get the newly added stuff.

arontv

Jun 24, 2022
Did you explore the world for the new terrain or are you looking at chunks that were generated before? Existing terrain won't suddenly get the newly added stuff.
i think i didnt but i already explored a looot. so do i have to fly around some thousand meters? is that right?

Noah

Paper Developer
Staff member
Jan 4, 2022
The Netherlands
That depends on how much you explored before updating, but generally, yes. Alternatively, you can use the /locate biome command to find the coordinates of these new biomes.

arontv

Jun 24, 2022
i already used the commands but the spigot version is bugged apperenlty. i have to use the command in the server live console. it only showed the nearest coordinates( already loaded chunks) so there wasnt any new biome