Question Minimal Survival Server Specs.

ize

Jan 21, 2022
Hello,

I'd like to host Minecraft 1.18.1 server with my friends, there'll be basic plugins such as EssentialsX, RedProtect, and simple permission plugin, also cross-play using GeyserMC, and if lucky enough, i also want to install LevelledMobs.

But, i don't know which server specs should i rent since i want to rent baremetal ubuntu server and not managed server.

Is 4 Core and 4GB of RAM enough to host Minecraft Paper 1.18.1 server with 20 player slots and 2 - 15 concurrent players?

If so, is there any "must not use" cpu model for hosting minecraft paper server?

(i also aware about minecraft server optimization guide thread).

Sorry about my english, thank you!

Tau

Jan 12, 2022
Hello,

I'd like to host Minecraft 1.18.1 server with my friends, there'll be basic plugins such as EssentialsX, RedProtect, and simple permission plugin, also cross-play using GeyserMC, and if lucky enough, i also want to install LevelledMobs.

But, i don't know which server specs should i rent since i want to rent baremetal ubuntu server and not managed server.

Is 4 Core and 4GB of RAM enough to host Minecraft Paper 1.18.1 server with 20 player slots and 2 - 15 concurrent players?

If so, is there any "must not use" cpu model for hosting minecraft paper server?

(i also aware about minecraft server optimization guide thread).

Sorry about my english, thank you!
Depends what you do on that server and on the single thread performance of that CPU
If it's just a normal SMP with ~10 (perhaps 16) view distance I'd say that would do fine.

Obviously if you build intensive farms/contraptions you'll need more CPU grunt.

Reactions: ize

ize

Jan 21, 2022
Depends what you do on that server and on the single thread performance of that CPU
If it's just a normal SMP with ~10 (perhaps 16) view distance I'd say that would do fine.

Obviously if you build intensive farms/contraptions you'll need more CPU grunt.
The view diatance will be 6-8, mainly because minecraft pocket edition performance.

As for farming, i'll limit redstone usage for all players.

Thank you for the reply! <3

TaklaPro

Jan 14, 2022
The server would be perfectly fine for like 5-10 and even 15 people, and bedrock edition servers perform well anyways, so yea it's great, btw if you cold tell which cpu u are using would be great!