Question Minecraft 1.20

mEtil

Jun 7, 2023
Hey :)
First of all, thanks to all who are working on this project! I run paper on my raspi and its working great and has only improved over the years. I wanted to ask, with 1.20 being out now, when can we expect it working with paper? I saw from the previous versions that it took like a week or smth after release, and thats super fast. WIll that be similar with this update?

_11

Paper Triage
Staff member
Jan 5, 2022
Canada
underscore11.me
Paper never has any sort of ETA, it's pretty difficult to come up with one. It'll be ready when it's ready.

That being said, yes historically it's usually around 1-2 weeks before builds for a new MC version are released for an average update like this.

pearlcz

Jun 9, 2023
Bude připraven, až bude připraven, to je jisté, přesto 1-2 týdny jsou opravdu rychlé, rekvizity pro každého, kdo na něm pracuje.
You Can use spigot for some time and after paper 1.20 hasiči been released you switch it to paper.

AJ4Y

Jun 9, 2023
BuildTools is the only way Spigot dsitributes their server files, the file you get from there is the "official" release.
My bad, I was under the impression that they offered pre-compiled jar files on the "official" release but yes your correct. Thanks for correcting me :)

MarvinWest

Nov 27, 2023
yes currently their latest version is 1.20.1 at [link removed by moderator] I think you should update to the latest version to have great experiences

Last edited by a moderator: