Looking for collaborators for a Minecraft MMO.

Preon

Jun 10, 2023
I'm a pretty experienced programmer looking to create an advanced MMO experience in Minecraft.
This is too big of a task to do alone, but with the right people I know we can bring this idea to life.

I have been programming for years, but Minecraft development is relatively new to me. However, I am a quick learner.

Below is a list of ideas for the project (this is WIP, everything is subject to change and things can be added or removed)
  • Dynamic Questing System: Quests will be triggered based on events occurring within the game world. Imagine helping an NPC with their daily tasks after they break their wrist—quests that respond to in-game events, creating a living world.
  • I am considering implementing AI technology to generate realistic dialogue for NPCs, enhancing the immersive experience for players. This is the idea that I am the least certain about.
  • Randomly generated dungeons.
  • Diablo-like Loot systems, including transmog for customizing the look of equipment.
  • Massive raids with challenging boss fights.
  • Big open world with various different biomes and POI's. We will need to figure out if we need to have different zones for performance.
  • A big focus on social interaction and a player driven economy.
  • Public API for developers, which allows people to create custom tools and applications based on game data.

I am looking for anyone and everyone who thinks they have something to provide for this project, could be code, could be ideas, could be artwork for texture packs or concept art.
If you're interested in joining me, let me know below or contact me on Discord: Olle#0914.

Looking forward to any and all reactions!

Tinkuwu

Jun 10, 2023
So the best way to go about this is obviously a quest plugin and a datapack to change world generation. Unfortunately, I'm not experienced in programming for Minecraft, but I have hosted servers with a similar idea. I do recommend using the ProRPGItems plugin to have a more diablo-like looting system. You can also pair that with ProSkillAPI for player leveling and custom skills.

Otherwise making a world from scratch would be a very large undertaking, as you'd have to make a 1:1 scale of a massive world in a Minecraft world, so that may end up taking literal years to create, if you wanted to make towns and structures that give players quests to do.

kqfflo

Jun 11, 2023
Hi!

This is a very interesting idea, and I do not want to be the killjoy - however all bullet points you shared perfectly describe the features of EliteMobs. Even though the name might be a little misleading.
  • Dynamic Questing System: ✅
  • I am considering implementing AI technology -> ✅ initial work is imlemented
  • Randomly generated dungeons.
  • Diablo-like Loot systems, including transmog for customizing the look of equipment. In parts, you might want to see their approach ✅
  • Massive raids with challenging boss fights. ✅ Including community made raids and dungeons.
  • Big open world with various different biomes and POI's. We will need to figure out if we need to have different zones for performance.
    ✅ You play on your server map as usual, addionally with the Adventurer's Guild you have a special Dimenions for all NPCs and MMO related stuff and more.
  • A big focus on social interaction and a player driven economy. ✅
  • Public API for developers, which allows people to create custom tools and applications based on game data. ✅

I still like your idea however : ) EliteMobs ->
/flo