Question I having hard time optimizing my server like 1 week but it don't get better

Trickered

Jan 25, 2022
First i'm thai my english is not so good but i think it understandable

i was trying to optimize my server 1 week ago until now i tried so many way and i still got same issue in my timings report
i need some advice or some guide to make my server run more stable i feel hopeless now because it been a week that i try and nothing done
i tried reduce Simulation Distance and View Distance
optimized my paper.yml spigot.yml
using Aikar flags
but it seem everything i try it don't get any better

my tps loss is about 80-100% when 10+ players in server

Timings
https://timings.aikar.co/?id=81f7e921dee74cca82d857120b426ca0
Version Output
This server is running Paper version git-Paper-175 (MC: 1.18.1) (Implementing API version 1.18.1-R0.1-SNAPSHOT) (Git: 9490475)

EterNity

Staff member
Dec 13, 2021
under your bed!
paper-chan.moe
That timings of yours is a classic example of stacker being a really horrible idea.

Please remove stacker and set a proper entity cap in bukkit.yml. Your mobspawning accounts for almsot 40% of your ticks because technically you aint hitting the mob caps as the mob is being stacked endlessly.

For the villager issue, increase the tick-rate in the paper.yml and for the total amount of villager, get a farm limitor plugin that limits villagers per chunk.

You are also having 9 world in total, it is not recommended as they become unnecessary overheads, if you really cannot have any other setup, atleast turn off keep-spawn-loaded.

First the above issue first and then read through this guide for the rest of the misconfig you have. There are plenty and I don't want to list them all.

Reactions: Trickered

Trickered

Jan 25, 2022
That timings of yours is a classic example of stacker being a really horrible idea.

Please remove stacker and set a proper entity cap in bukkit.yml. Your mobspawning accounts for almsot 40% of your ticks because technically you aint hitting the mob caps as the mob is being stacked endlessly.

For the villager issue, increase the tick-rate in the paper.yml and for the total amount of villager, get a farm limitor plugin that limits villagers per chunk.

You are also having 9 world in total, it is not recommended as they become unnecessary overheads, if you really cannot have any other setup, atleast turn off keep-spawn-loaded.

First the above issue first and then read through this guide for the rest of the misconfig you have. There are plenty and I don't want to list them all.

Thx u for reply i'll try now thx for your help