Question I can't download any plugin other than essentialsX on ubuntu server

ProBossman101

Jun 5, 2022
Every time i try and use the sudo wget [download link] command it either says that it is forbidden, the service is temporarily down working or it succeeds in downloading, but makes them text docs saying with download or latest HALP.PNG but for some reason essentialsX works just fine.if you couldn't tell I am new to this kind of stuff and I am sorry for the frequent questions.

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
many sites don't work in a "wget" friendly manner, there was a flag for wget to tell it to use the suggested name from the web server, many sites are also very hostile towards accessing their site in "automated" manners, best you can do is download that stuff locally and just scp/ftp it over

ProBossman101

Jun 5, 2022
many sites don't work in a "wget" friendly manner, there was a flag for wget to tell it to use the suggested name from the web server, many sites are also very hostile towards accessing their site in "automated" manners, best you can do is download that stuff locally and just scp/ftp it over
thanks for the help. did what you said and now the .jar file is there plain as day but it still wont work, the troublemaker in question being worldeditHALP 2.PNG