How to run mc server whith Foila?

AdminSonic

Jun 18, 2023
Hello and good time, can you share with me information about the installation and run the new paper fork, Foila (on wondows server}? I need it badly

_11

Paper Triage
Staff member
Jan 5, 2022
Canada
underscore11.me
All pertinent info is contained in Folia's Github readme. Due to Folia still being in early alpha, highly experimental, and requiring any plugin explicitly support Folia, as a way of gatekeeping Folia to only those who know what they're doing, at this time no Folia builds are published, you need to build Folia yourself.

AdminSonic

Jun 18, 2023
All pertinent info is contained in Folia's Github readme. Due to Folia still being in early alpha, highly experimental, and requiring any plugin explicitly support Folia, as a way of gatekeeping Folia to only those who know what they're doing, at this time no Folia builds are published, you need to build Folia yourself.
Thank you, I did this, but I failed to run Foila. I am actually a minecraft developer, and my server sometimes suffers from TPS drop due to the number of open chunks and many players, which is not good at all.

-
I really don't know what to do. I followed all the optimization recommendations. Server RAM consumption does not even reach 50%, which causes TPS drop.

_11

Paper Triage
Staff member
Jan 5, 2022
Canada
underscore11.me
Sounds like you're CPU bottlenecked then, in which case unless you're on a top of the line CPU, Folia won't help much anyways. How are you hosting the server (i.e. home hosting, shared hosting (minecraft specific), dedicated server), what CPU are you on, and what's your average concurrent playercount?