Question How can I use PaperMC without any performance improvements?

Bukr3j

Apr 2, 2024
when I say "performance improvements" I just want to use the plugin part. some of my farms are not working as a result of server performance boosts and I can't make my farm designs that I really want. i tried spigot etc. but all with the same result...

LoJoSho

Jan 4, 2022
You may be better off using Fabric (and server mods from that ecosystem), as it separates performance improvements from its API. The Bukkit Ecosystem wasn't made to separate performance improvements from the API. Hypothetically, it's possible (you can always fork Paper and add in your patches to reverse Bukkit/Spigot/Paper performance patches), but not very practical to do.

Reactions: Bukr3j

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
The issue isn't generally the performance patches, most of what exists in terms of performance that breaks stuff is things like entity activation range, which is configurable. What often breaks more edge case farms is the changes craftbukkit/spigot made to support plugins, you can't really separate the API from those changes easily without breaking the API.

Reactions: Bukr3j

Bukr3j

Apr 2, 2024
You may be better off using Fabric (and server mods from that ecosystem), as it separates performance improvements from its API. The Bukkit Ecosystem wasn't made to separate performance improvements from the API. Hypothetically, it's possible (you can always fork Paper and add in your patches to reverse Bukkit/Spigot/Paper performance patches), but not very practical to do.
What do I need to do to turn off Fabric's performance optimizations?

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
fabric doesn't come with performance optimisations, but you can get mods which improve performance which aren't as behaviorally invasive as a full plugin API

Bukr3j

Apr 2, 2024
fabric doesn't come with performance optimisations, but you can get mods which improve performance which aren't as behaviorally invasive as a full plugin API
Farms are not working on the Fabric server either. I don't understand anything about this. It's best to use Hamachi...

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
well, fabric is vanilla + some bootstrap/API stuff, if your farm isn't working, then it's probably something wrong with the farm/your setup of it

Bukr3j

Apr 2, 2024
well, fabric is vanilla + some bootstrap/API stuff, if your farm isn't working, then it's probably something wrong with the farm/your setup of it
I downloaded farm's own world and put it on my server, I also opened it on my computer and it working on my computer, but when I enter my server world, it stops after one or two golems are spawned.

Tamion

Sep 8, 2023
somewhere
it working on vanilla server but not fabric servers is very weird since fabric is basically vanilla. could you tell us about the design you are using for the farm? Best would be if you could provide a video of the farm