Solved Hex colors not working on scoreboard

zigafide

Feb 2, 2022
Ok, so I'm not sure if this is exclusive to paper, but in virtually everywhere text is accepted, you can use hex colors like this:

After importing net.md_5.bungee.api.ChatColor;

The method below can be used to parse a hex color into a chat color
ChatColor.of("#00e64e")

This seems to work literally everywhere for me EXCEPT the scoreboard.
The color is either completely wrong or just black.

Hopefully one of you knows something. Thanks. :)

Version Output
[21:37:04 INFO]: Checking version, please wait...
[21:37:04 INFO]: Current: git-Purpur-1544 (MC: 1.18.1)*
[21:37:04 INFO]: Previous: git-Purpur-1543 (MC: 1.18.1)
[21:37:04 INFO]: * You are running the latest version

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
In what part of the scoreboard? Entries are just strings, so the only colors that show up there are legacy strings. Which do not work with hex colors.

EDIT: ^This is a vanilla client thing, not something that Paper can fix (or spigot, or purpur for that matter)

Other parts of the scoreboard, the parts that use Components, work just fine with hex colors.

zigafide

Feb 2, 2022
In what part of the scoreboard? Entries are just strings, so the only colors that show up there are legacy strings. Which do not work with hex colors.

EDIT: ^This is a vanilla client thing, not something that Paper can fix (or spigot, or purpur for that matter)

Other parts of the scoreboard, the parts that use Components, work just fine with hex colors.
wow thanks for the fast response. Yep, its for entries unfortunately. Thanks for helping me!

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
I am coming back here to say that it is actually possible. You can make the entire string a team suffix and colorize it that way.

This worked perfectly for me.

Edit: you can keep adding more and more ChatColor.RESET things to each line of the scoreboard to add more lines if that makes sense
Correct, but that’s not an entry. The entry itself still doesn’t support anything more than legacy strings. Team prefixes/suffices aren’t the same thing, and yes, they do work.

zigafide

Feb 2, 2022
Correct, but that’s not an entry. The entry itself still doesn’t support anything more than legacy strings. Team prefixes/suffices aren’t the same thing, and yes, they do work.
I am aware, but in my case it solved my issue and it looks EXACTLY the same as if it was an entry