Question Having some lag issues, any recommendation?

Killortree

Jun 28, 2023
I have a server with 20 plugins and some picks with 20-30 players, in those picks the server lags extremely (2-11tps)
I am not the best in this matter so it could be a silly thing, I will leave timings right there.

Plugins:
AnimatedScoreboard, DecentHolograms, Essentials, FastAsyncWorldEdit, LuckPerms, PlaceholderAPI, ProtectionStones, Quests, ServersNPC, ShopGUIPlus, Shopkeepers, TAB, ThrowableFireballs, Vault, ViaBackwards, ViaRewind, ViaVersion, WorldEdit, WorldGuard

Hardware:
For this server I have 10GB of ram (never used it all, even when laggy) and a 6 Cores CPU (shared with other servers via pterodactyl)

Timings
https://timings.aikar.co/dev/?id=18c8fa72b1994eb9a4d3121cd4abf421
Version Output
This server is running Paper version git-Paper-550 (MC: 1.19.4) (Implementing API version 1.19.4-R0.1-SNAPSHOT) (Git: 483368e on ver/1.19.4)
You are running the latest version

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
There's not really one way to do this, you probably want to figure out why there are so many entities to begin with. Try going to the area and seeing if there maybe are large mob farms, many entities that can't despawn due to wearing armor or holding items, etc. Depending on the cause, you can decide how to get rid of them. If there are a lot of entities holding items, then you can probably just kill them right away. If there is a large mob farm, then you'd probably want to scale it down (or ask the person who made it to scale it down), or change the farm such that the entities are killed faster. What action is most appropriate depends on what type of server you have and what the cause of these entities is, you'll have to make that judgment yourself.

Reactions: Killortree

Killortree

Jun 28, 2023
I have a survival server so I guess it would be reducing the amount of farms and how large they are. I also tried changing things in bukkit and spigot yml.

Are the entities the only major cause of lag?
How can I know where the majority of the mobs are looking at the timings?

Thanks!