Plugin Release CountryBlocker - Block connect from specific country

CountryBlocker is simple plugin created in kotlin and have only one specific task.
Blocking connection from others countries.
Why I created this plugin, because I am from the Czech Republic and I do not agree with the war in Ukraine.

1. Stop your server
2. Copy plugin into plugins folder.
3. Star your server.

Broadcast permission for notification for admins: country.blocker.announcement

Now not included commands for reloading config and adding countries into list.

YAML:
CountryBlocker:
  announcement: "<hover:show_text:\"<blue>CountryBlocker: <white><user>\n<gray>IPAddress: <gold><ip>\n<dark_green>Country: <white><country>\n<gold>Time: <white><time>\"><gray>User <user> trying connect on this server from <country>"
  deny_message: "<gray>Your country <yellow><connected_country> <gray>was blocked on this server !"
  blockList:
    - RU

mcbobby

Mar 16, 2022
Wow, that'll show em! Thanks for making the lives of regular people even worse, really what we need right now!

mcbobby

Mar 16, 2022
My apologies EncryptSL, it was never my intent to challenge you, but instead the premise of the plugin.
Allow me to rephrase:

I'm sure everyone agrees that people who are responsible for decisions effecting entire countries do not play Minecraft.
Therefore I fail to see how excluding people from certain counties is productive, more so for something they have practically no control over.
Especially in a game which aims to promote inclusion, one which many use to escape reality and even share ideas (e.g. The Uncensored Library project).

EncryptSL

Jan 5, 2022
@mcbobby hi guy this plugins is not created for hating RU or normal peoples / players. Yes i created this plugin with decision blocking connection from Russia Federation. I believe owner of servers have brain and is on his decision if block RU or no. This plugin can blocked connection from any country.

I'm sure everyone can use this plugin for his own plan.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: