Question Changine Plugin folder Name and server.properties file name :)

Raza

May 11, 2024
if i run the paper-1.20.4.jar it automatically creates a folder plugins and a file server.properties but i want it to rename them , the plugins to plugouts and the server.properties to notserver.properties how can i do that ,can i do this with JD-GUI ?

Solution
The server has startup flags to change the names of these files. The c or config flag changes the name of the server.properties file, which you can then name notserver.properties. For the plugins folder, you can use the P or plugins flag to change the name of the plugins folder to plugouts.

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
The server has startup flags to change the names of these files. The c or config flag changes the name of the server.properties file, which you can then name notserver.properties. For the plugins folder, you can use the P or plugins flag to change the name of the plugins folder to plugouts.

Reactions: JavierFlores09
Solution

Raza

May 11, 2024
ok so where i can find the startup flags

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
You'd include it in your start script. Where you'd have java -jar paper.jar, you'd append the startup flags. So for example java -jar paper.jar -P plugouts -c notserver.properties.

Raza

May 11, 2024
it
You'd include it in your start script. Where you'd have java -jar paper.jar, you'd append the startup flags. So for example java -jar paper.jar -P plugouts -c notserver.properties.
it says this
Unrecognized option: -c
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit . and done

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
Have you perhaps put the -c before the -jar? The -c should come at the very end. So, not like this.
Code:
java -c notserver.properties -jar paper.jar
Instead, like this.
Code:
java -jar paper.jar -c notserver.properties