Question Vanilla Commands don't work

Sivic

Aug 9, 2022
I am very new to paper servers and when i converted my server from a regular vanilla to a PaperMC server the default vanilla server commands stopped working. the main one I am having issues with is "/worldborder center" but all other commands seem to not work either in game or in the console. Every time I try using any command it just returns with the error message "Unknown command. Type "/help" for help."

I have also tried the /version command and it returns with the same error, but my server is currently running on 1.19.1

Version Output
/

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
Well /worldborder center is an invalid command. Its missing some arguments, namely 2 position arguments.
The /version command should not print out that. Can you post your latest.log?

Sivic

Aug 9, 2022
never mind I seem to have figured it out I was putting a "/" in font of the commands and that seemed to be the issue I apologize for the inconvenience

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
If you're exeucting a command from the console, they should not be prefixed with a '/'. If you're exeucting a command in-game, they should be prefixed with a '/'. For example, in-game you'd type /version, whereas in the console you'd type version.