Question Update config files after update

KastenKlicker

Jan 8, 2022
Germany
I recognized there are great differences between the config files from a newly created server (1.18) and an old server (1.8 -> ...->1.18), which only have been updated. Is it useful to delete the server.properties, spigot.yml and paper.yml files or does it brake my server?

Solution
Unused Config will just sit there doing nothing.

I know I am in minority but each major version change, I would remove all 3 yml files and allow it to regenerate so I only keep the still valid configs options on them. Just feel like to share.

EterNity

Staff member
Dec 13, 2021
under your bed!
paper-chan.moe
Unused Config will just sit there doing nothing.

I know I am in minority but each major version change, I would remove all 3 yml files and allow it to regenerate so I only keep the still valid configs options on them. Just feel like to share.

Solution

KastenKlicker

Jan 8, 2022
Germany
I regenerated the files. At this moment the server is running again with only some Mobs spawning issues (no problem so far, as we playing in creative). I thought there may be problems because the map/server was created in 2014 running on vanilla 1.8 and has been updated every update (at some point it was running forge 1.17.10). No one has a clue anymore what was when configured with what intention. xD