Solved Unable to send an action bar to a player with the player.sendActionBar() method

giopera

Jul 27, 2023
Hi, I'm currently in a stressful situation, i was writing a plugin when i noticed that the old sendActionBar method of the Player class was not working anymore, so i searched on the internet and i noticed that the method was deprecated in the paper api and that i needed to use the Audience interface from the adventure api, but how i can use it to send an action bar to a player if i can't use the sendActionBar method even if apparently Player inherits the method from net.kyori.adventure.audience.Audience?

For reference:

1690494600315.png
1690494684337.png

giopera

Jul 27, 2023
Resolved on discord thanks to @lynxplay, I'll leave here the solution in case someone should have the same problem.

In my case the VaultAPI was screwing with the project and with bukkit, so i had to exclude the transitive bukkit dependency from vault, it's quite simple to do but I'll leave here how to modify the pom.xml in case you need it.
<dependency> <groupId>com.github.MilkBowl</groupId> <artifactId>VaultAPI</artifactId> <version>1.7</version> <scope>provided</scope> <exclusions> <exclusion> <groupId>org.bukkit</groupId> <artifactId>bukkit</artifactId> </exclusion> </exclusions> </dependency>

Reactions: Machine Maker