Question Rare per-user lag spikes/timeouts

TechRoot

May 9, 2022
Hello there 👋
Im writing this out of desperation, been struggling with this issue for almost a month, and, as it seems to be somehow related to player spawning/teleportation. Im willing to ask for your experience, maybe you have heard this before. Its worth to ask.
Scheme:

1 x Proxy git:Waterfall-Bootstrap:1.18-R0.1-SNAPSHOT:d79d5f1:486
4 x Subservers, git-Paper-299 (MC: 1.18.2)
Versions are usually updated periodically.

I have a rare issue, that happens randomly in one of this scenarios.

- Player join the network (80%)​
- Player teleports (80%)​
- Player were simply exploring (20%)​

His ping goes suddenly from 50ms, to 4000ms.
- Can walk, and others will see him walking.​
- Can chat, and others will see his messages, but he will not see neither his, or theirs.​
- Can perform commands, and console will prove its performed without any latency. ( I have proven this personally, as happened to myself a lot of times). But he will not see any results of command being executed.​

After a time, (Specified in spigot/papermc configuration as keepalive max time) he will be disconnected due to keepalive timeout.

When player connects back, he can see the results of the commands executed. If he performed a /kit, he will have the objects in his inventory. If he tried to do /spawn, he'll be in the spawn position. And so with every other command, as they were correctly executed and received by subserver.

No errors shown on console, timings are correct and, there are no TPS drops on solid 20TPS.

I have also tried disabling plugins without luck.

Any hint is appreciated. Attached are full configuration YML files.

Logs
https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/4bfe6e0eb8b14cdd8841d6eb34c5206d
Version Output
1 x Proxy git:Waterfall-Bootstrap:1.18-R0.1-SNAPSHOT:d79d5f1:486
4 x Subservers, git-Paper-299 (MC: 1.18.2)