Plugin Release Party and Friends For Velocity | Version 1.0.92

partyandfriendsfree2.png
Looking for a GUI or Clans? Have a look at the Extended Edition
You are having only one Spigot/Paper server and no Velocity server? Then you need this version.
Features
  • The party system allows your players to play minigames together and chat with each other
  • The friend system allows your players to add each other as friends and to interact with them in many ways
  • Users can set the following settings:
    • If they want to receive friend requests (useful for youtubers)
    • If they want to receive party invitations from everybody or just by their friends (useful for youtubers)
    • If they want to, that friends can see their online status
    • If their friends should be allowed to jump to them (disabled if “jump to friend” is disabled)
    • If they want to receive messages by their friends (useful for youtubers if they are recording at that moment)
  • Already translated into the following languages:
  • The plugin is very extendable (see the Add-ons/Extensions section of the description) and configurable
  • You can set the maximum player number per party (set it in the config to anything below 2 to disable this feature) (there is a permission that allows users with that permission to have no player limit in their parties (useful for premium players) (permission can be set in the config))
  • There is a Friend-API for Spigot Plugins (includes friend list size placeholders) and a Party-API for Spigot plugins (this one is used by some minigames like Bedware1058 to automatically put all party members into the same team) and also an API for PHP scripts
  • Find out more about the versions difference on the wiki page
There is also an Extended version with an inventory GUI (as well for the party part as well as for the friends part) and support for Clans. What you will also find only in the extended version:
  • The extended version has an fully configurable inventory GUI (can be disabled in config). Features of the GUI:
    • List your friend, show their online status and on which server they are on
    • Interact with your friends (jump to them (can be disabled in config), invite them into a party or remove them from your friend list)
    • List your friend requests and accept or deny them
    • View and change your settings
    • The friend GUI can either be opened by right click on the friend item (can be disabled in the config) or by typing in the command /friendsgui
  • The extended version has a hide feature with a GUI (can be disabled)
    • It can either be accessed by the command /hide or by right clicking on the hide item (can be configured and disabled in the config)
    • There are the following hide modes:
      • Show all players
      • Show only friends and people of the server team (for the plugin a server member is someone who has the permission which can be set under "General.PermissionNoHide")
      • Show only friends
      • Show only people of the server team (for the plugin a server member is someone who has the permission which can be set under "General.PermissionNoHide")
      • Show no one
  • It supports Clans
  • Complete friend/party commands by pressing tab
  • Offline messages
  • Clickable help messages
Info
  • Use any command of this plugin from the command line to reload the plugin
  • This plugin works with Java 8 or higher
  • To use this plugin you need to install this dependency
  • This project needs a MySQL server
  • This project won't work on Paper/Spigot, but there is a version which works on Paper/Spigot servers
  • If you have a problem/error check this
  • How to use the build in API for Velocity plugins can be found here
  • There is also an API for Paper/Spigot Plugins (includes friend list size placeholders) (has a SkriptLang script file) and also an API for PHP scripts
  • There is a wiki for this plugin (not finished yet)
Support
  • If you find any bugs, language mistakes or you have any suggestions for this plugin, please send me a PM on Spigot, via discord private chat (Simonsator#5834), via my discord server or via email ([email protected])
  • Please do not leave a review (especially a bad review). I will not be informed about the review, so you will have to wait before I am going to answer you. Also I cannot ask you for further information which are needed in the most cases, because you cannot reply again. Also it is unfair, because in the most cases the problem is caused by the user and also it would be nice to give me at least 24 hours to fix a problem, before leaving a bad review. After that time you can still leave a review.
Add-ons/Extensions
This software includes HikariCP (Apache License 2.0) and C3P0 (Eclipse Public License) as third party libraries

Last edited:

Simonsator

May 27, 2022
Update 1.0.89 changelog:
  • Added the option "Commands.Friends.SubCommands.MSG.DisableMessageReceivingServers" to the config
  • Performance improvements
    • Party server switch will use less CPU
    • Added the option "MySQL.EnhancedDataLoading" which is disabled by default
      • If enabled it will greatly improve the loading speed of large friend lists
      • On some MySQL forks/if your server is heavily bandwidth limited this may slow down everything.
  • Fixed bugs
    • Fixed an API bug
    • Fixed language mistakes
    • Fixed problems with RedisVelocity
    • Fixed parties joining servers which were listed under "PartyDoNotJoinTheseServers" in the config, if "Commands.Party.SubCommands.Join.AutoJoinLeaderServer" was activated

Simonsator

May 27, 2022
Update 1.0.91 changelog:
  • Added optional server switched message (Can be enabled in the config under "Friends.SendMessageToFriendsOnServerSwitch")
  • Performance improvements
  • Fixed bugs

Simonsator

May 27, 2022
Paper already has a place to post Velocity/Paper/Waterfall plugins which is Hangar https://hangar.papermc.io/ , no need to post updates in the forum anymore
Hangar is currently still in beta. It is currently not possible to have indented bullet points and colors in the plugin description, as far as I can see. Meaning, I cannot transfer my description.

Simonsator

May 27, 2022
Update 1.0.92 changelog:
  • Faster execution of SQL commands due to using indexes
  • Added /pafadmin version command
  • Fixed various smaller bugs
  • Fixed compatibility with Pterodactyl
    • You have to activate "MySQL.UseMariaDBConnector" if you are using Pterodactyl
    • This also fixes problems with certain MariaDB server configurations
  • Fixed a problem which could cause the wrong message to be displayed
  • Fixed problems with colors on line breaks