Question odd errors after vanilla to paper migration

mdeanda

Oct 19, 2022
i recently switched to paper to try out a few plugins and i get these errors that are a bit concerning and i have no idea how to debug. the first appears only upon login and reads "chat messages can't be verified - messages sent on this server may be modified and might not reflect the original message"

the next is worse since it kind of breaks chat. i get this continous stream of messages that read: "[@: summoned new blaze]" and it just repeats over and over. i dont know how to look at the log while playing or from mcrcon (in vanilla i think they just appeared upon connecting). if i try to send a chat message or run a command, it quickly scrolls off screen.

my plugins folder contains the following:
bStats Carz Carz-7.2.jar JustTPA.jar WorldEdit worldedit-bukkit-7.2.12.jar

1666149158094.png

Solution
The [@: ... message is the output from a repeating command block. If you want to get rid of it, console should have the coordinates. Otherwise, /gamerule commandblockOutput false to hide that output.

The chat verification message means one of the signing-related options in server.properties was touched.

_11

Paper Triage
Staff member
Jan 5, 2022
Canada
underscore11.me
The [@: ... message is the output from a repeating command block. If you want to get rid of it, console should have the coordinates. Otherwise, /gamerule commandblockOutput false to hide that output.

The chat verification message means one of the signing-related options in server.properties was touched.

Solution