Question Is it possible to force Paper to run with "incompatible" versions of Java?

KtheVeg

Jun 14, 2023
I've got openjdk-17 installed on my arm-based linux device. Running java --version reports that java version is openjdk 17-internal 2021-09-14.

Launching the server shows the following text:
Code:
Starting org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main
Unsupported Java detected (17-internal). You are running an outdated, pre-release version. Only general availability versions of java are supported. Please update your java version.

I've tried updating (apt upgrade openjdk-17), and it reported it to be the latest version (17.0-26).

The vanilla server jar works fine and launches without any major issues. Is there any config or launch parameter that I can set where it will ignore the version and try to launch anyway?

I'm using the 1.19.4 server build 550 jar file.

KtheVeg

Jun 14, 2023
it does not seem like installing other versions is available as the setup I'm using is… non-standard.

It's a bit of an experiment where I ran it using Termux on my android phone, but it also is very helpful, like having portable servers that I can start up. My phone seems to run vanilla servers really well (no stuttering or lag) but I wanted to still have the ability to start it faster and use certain plugins (like Geyser & Floodgate)

Is there a flag or config that I can use to bypass these checks and just run it as-is?