Question How Can I Give My PaperMC Server an IP

K5 YT

Jul 10, 2023
so I created a minecraft server with paper MC, i didnt use aternos or anything, I did it from sctatch (very hard), but I want to give it an IP, because the person that helped me do it said the IP was localhost or something and thats how im playing on it now, so how can I give it an IP to make it public?

stefvanschie

Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
You can find your public IP by typing on Google "what is my ip". This is the number that you'd connect to. Note that you should discuss with your ISP if you are allowed to host a server in the first place, many ISP providers do not allow individuals to setup a server. Note that you should also check if you have a static IP address or a dynamic IP address. If the IP address is dynamic, it might change, so people will need to use a different IP address each time. If you don't have a static IP address, you should request one from your ISP. If you have done this, you should port forward the incoming data to your server. How to do this also differs per ISP, so you'll have to look up how to do this for your ISP. Assuming you have done all of this, people should be able to connect to your server on the IP address that was shown to you by Google.