Question Help with commands.yml

Ergo

May 13, 2024
Hi, i am using PaperMC and I am trying to add the /discord command in the commands.yml. The code would be:

Code:
command-block-overrides: []
ignore-vanilla-permissions: false
aliases:
  icanhasbukkit:
  - version $1-
  discord:
  - tellraw @p {"text":"Join our Discord. ","color":"gold","extra":[{"text":"Clic
    Here.","color":"blue","underlined":true,"clickEvent":{"action":"open_url","value":"https://discord.gg/XXX"}}]}

The /discord command works fine but only for me as administrator. I don't know what permission to add for users so they can use that command. I don't want to add plugins that execute that command.

This is what i get using /discord as user:
2024-05-20_13.22.56.png

If i add the permission minecraft.command.tellraw i get: Selector not allowed
2024-05-20-13-24-47.png

But i not want to add the permission minecraft.command.tellraw because that will break the server

Solution
Without plugins on your server, you cannot gain additional functionality like you want. There's nothing particularly wrong with finding a simple plugin that does regular announcements. :)

electronicboy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 11, 2021
The command runs as the player executing it, and so you'd basically need to find an alternative mechanism of doing that, i.e. a plugin

Ergo

May 13, 2024
The command runs as the player executing it, and so you'd basically need to find an alternative mechanism of doing that, i.e. a plugin
Thanks for the answer. So, there is no way to create a /discord command and have it send a message to the user like the one I have indicated above? I don't know if with Essentials that would be possible or not, the thing is that I want to avoid having plugins on my server.

mbaxter

Cat Wrangler
Staff member
Dec 14, 2021
over there
Without plugins on your server, you cannot gain additional functionality like you want. There's nothing particularly wrong with finding a simple plugin that does regular announcements. :)

Reactions: Ergo
Solution