Hello I'm new to Actually Learning about Server's And wanted to know what is paperMc?

WanderingBilly

Oct 23, 2022
I been playing java edition since 3 years And Now IM finally starting to start a Server With IRL Friends and I been told by people to use paperMC but I have no Idea What even is that IS that like a mod loader like fabric btw I use Fabric for my server. Can someone tell me What are the benefits of using PaperMC? is it good? will it make the server run better overall? Can I use my Fabric mods in paper?

EterNity

Staff member
Dec 13, 2021
under your bed!
paper-chan.moe
Paper is a performance focused server software that aims to provide the best player experience while fixing many long standing exploits and bugs that exist in Vanilla Minecraft. Most notably, Paper has a complete rewritten light engine that resolve one of the biggest bottleneck existed in Vanilla; most recently, Paper also introduced a massive chunk rewrite patch that further optimize the slowness of Vanilla chunk loadings, and that's just to name a few!

Plugin can be installed onto Paper to provide additional functionalities just like mods on Fabric mod loader. To get started, refer to https://docs.papermc.io/paper/cat/admin/getting-started for how to host a Paper server and feel free to ask additional questions if you do have one :D

z4x

Feb 5, 2022
I been playing java edition since 3 years And Now IM finally starting to start a Server With IRL Friends and I been told by people to use paperMC but I have no Idea What even is that IS that like a mod loader like fabric btw I use Fabric for my server. Can someone tell me What are the benefits of using PaperMC? is it good? will it make the server run better overall? Can I use my Fabric mods in paper?
Is it good? Yes. Will it make your server run better over all? Abso fudging lutely. Can you run Fabric mods? Nope, sadly that technology is at least 10 years away.

Basically, anybody running a serious server these days will either be using Paper or Spigot, with Spigot being more for people that don't like Paper's fixes of vanilla bugs and Paper being better in every other aspect. There's this new one called Folia but idfk about that one.