Question Error in PaperMC after it was shutdown midway turning on.

bar_of_water

Sep 20, 2024
I have been running the latest version of PaperMC available for Minecraft version 1.20.1. Just today, when turning the server on, the computer running the server shutdown midway through the process of turning on (because it accidently got unplugged).

After plugging it back and trying to turn the server on, it just showed a bunch of errors (before it had any chance of loading any plugins) and then just shut down. Tried to download and replace papermc to a more recent version, deleted the cache and libraries folder but didn't work.

After I deleted everything but the worlds (including all the dimensions and the lobby), the plugins, the cache, it did start up, but showed a bunch of errors and did not load any of the plugins (or most of it I believe).

What went wrong here?

And if you're curious, the reason I don't update to 1.21 is because I'm too lazy to manually update all of my plugins.

And also apologies if anything I said isn't clear, or i missed something obvious/ normal since this is my first time on the forums.