Question Custom Biomes on a Paper Server?

tpg

Dec 18, 2022
Is it possible to have custom biomes or dimensions via datapacks (e.g. Terralith) on Paper servers? Due to the new /fillbiome command, I've been trying to import a custom biome datapack onto a server, but it doesn't work despite the same method working on a singleplayer world. Is there another way of getting custom biomes into Paper worlds?

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
Is it just the fillbiome command that is not working? What if you install terralith, then delete everything in the world folder (except the datapacks folder) and try and generate a new one?

tpg

Dec 18, 2022
Any command that can take a biome as input (locate biome, execute if biome, fillbiome) doesn't work - the custom biomes don't even register as valid inputs when autofilling these commands. When manually attempting to execute these commands, I get the error:

Can't find element 'terralith:amethyst_caves' of type 'minecraft:worldgen/biome'

I tried installing terralith and generating a new world, but it just created a vanilla one with no terralith biomes.

Machine Maker

Paper Developer
Staff member
Dec 17, 2021
California
Well terralith does work with paper 1.19.3, I'm using it right now. And I'm standing in a terralith biome. The locate biome command also works with the terralith biomes. Are you sure terralith is being actually installed and used on your new world? How are you installing it? Can you post startup logs of your server with it installed? Make sure you delete everything about your world except the datapack folders when you are adding a worldgen datapack.