Question Can't start multiple Paper servers with default paper flags

itzMiney

Jun 14, 2024
I tried to use the paper flags from the startup script generator to start multiple screens on my Debian 12 server but it doesn't work, only when I remove all flags from the startup command can I run more than one server at once but it uses up all of my cpu and ram capacity that way for 2 servers + velocity proxy running

Timings
https://timings.aikar.co/dev/?id=45e5b8d987e74d36a21a0ed25ca1cf13
Version Output
This server is running Paper version git-P aper-497 (MC: 1.20.4) (Implementing API version 1.20.4-RO.1 -SNAPSHOT) (Git: d8d54d9 on ver/1.20.4) You are running the latest version

mbaxter

Cat Wrangler
Staff member
Dec 14, 2021
over there
I tried to use the paper flags from the startup script generator to start multiple screens on my Debian 12 server but it doesn't work, only when I remove all flags from the startup command can I run more than one server at once but it uses up all of my cpu and ram capacity that way for 2 servers + velocity proxy running
The timings you have shared show a limit of 2GB. How much RAM do you have to share among your multiple servers?

mbaxter

Cat Wrangler
Staff member
Dec 14, 2021
over there
With a total of 8GB, you should be running maybe one server. What are your startup flags you're using for each that "doesn't work", and what does "doesn't work" look like? What error do you get when trying to start them all using our startup?