Question Blocks Disappear When Joining Server

briangx92

Jun 11, 2024
Hey everyone,
I need some help with my Server! I'm seeing missing blocks in some of my builds when I log in. It's quite frustrating, especially since I'm playing vanilla with a small group of friends (max 4 players). I've already removed all plugins to see if that was the culprit, but no luck. Has anyone else encountered missing blocks with vanilla Minecraft? Are there any known fixes or workarounds to avoid starting a new world?

Version Output
[13:29:51 INFO]: This server is running Paper version 1.20.6-138-master@906df69 (2024-06-10T06:32:15Z) (Implementing API version 1.20.6-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
You are running the latest version
Previous version: 1.20.6-137-bd5867a (MC: 1.20.6)

Attachments

• latest.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1

briangx92

Jun 11, 2024
my server is ran on Java and I connect to it locally on my network via my ps4. I have geyser set up so my other family can connect to it via bedrock outside the network

mbaxter

Cat Wrangler
Staff member
Dec 14, 2021
over there
my server is ran on Java and I connect to it locally on my network via my ps4. I have geyser set up so my other family can connect to it via bedrock outside the network

Remove geyser temporarily and test using the vanilla java client. I suspect it works fine. If so, bring this to the attention of the geyser team. We don't support geyser here.

edit: Just realized you're the same person I spoke with two days ago in the Discord support channel. If you are going to repost a question please don't remove very important details from the post such as the use of geyser and a ps4 to see this issue.

briangx92

Jun 11, 2024
Remove geyser temporarily and test using the vanilla java client. I suspect it works fine. If so, bring this to the attention of the geyser team. We don't support geyser here.

edit: Just realized you're the same person I spoke with two days ago in the Discord support channel. If you are going to repost a question please don't remove very important details from the post such as the use of geyser and a ps4 to see this issue.
small world lol. I figured I'd ask here since there is a lot of back and forth with different members and I can get a clear and concise answer. I did message the team in geyser and never got anything back. My last resort is to make a script that backs up the world after a player leaves and if time progresses and blocks are gone, I'll revert to that backed up world. I'll try removing geyser and see what happens though. lastly, assuming it's not geyser, what's the next approach?

EDIT: sorry for not including the ps4 part. didn't think it was important as it was only blocks I was concerned about

mbaxter

Cat Wrangler
Staff member
Dec 14, 2021
over there
small world lol. I figured I'd ask here since there is a lot of back and forth with different members and I can get a clear and concise answer. I did message the team in geyser and never got anything back. My last resort is to make a script that backs up the world after a player leaves and if time progresses and blocks are gone, I'll revert to that backed up world. I'll try removing geyser and see what happens though. lastly, assuming it's not geyser, what's the next approach?

EDIT: sorry for not including the ps4 part. didn't think it was important as it was only blocks I was concerned about
Next step is we investigate your hard drive and ram for data corruption issues. It's gonna turn out to be via or geyser or some other protocol thing, I'm sure