Question Attack cooldown texture issue

PerthDad

Apr 4, 2022
Hello,
I’ve had a problem that I presumed was LAG related due to a pretty poor latency between my home and remote server.

When ever I hit something that’s alive, like the pig in the attached image, I get some squares in the middle of the screen that look like a loading bar (like it’s lagged). Then the victim of my assault jumps to another location as if it’s lag related. Nothing else in the game seems to lag though, and it’ gameplay is actually pretty smooth.

Someone sent me a screen shot of a conversation that relates to this issue but they don’t have any more information for me.

The comment to the original poster in the screen shot who has the save issue:

“The dots are because it’s a 1.9+ combat server and you are in version 1.8.9. there is no texture for the attack cooldown in versions below 1.9, do it displays dots instead“

My google skills are not as strong as they should be and I can’t find any more information about this. Is anyone able to help with some surplus knowledge? Is there a work around for this?

Attachments

• D31CE679-00B9-490B-B5E9-8B32208FD02D.jpeg
    D31CE679-00B9-490B-B5E9-8B32208FD02D.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 3

LoJoSho

Jan 4, 2022
Hello,
I’ve had a problem that I presumed was LAG related due to a pretty poor latency between my home and remote server.

When ever I hit something that’s alive, like the pig in the attached image, I get some squares in the middle of the screen that look like a loading bar (like it’s lagged). Then the victim of my assault jumps to another location as if it’s lag related. Nothing else in the game seems to lag though, and it’ gameplay is actually pretty smooth.

Someone sent me a screen shot of a conversation that relates to this issue but they don’t have any more information for me.

The comment to the original poster in the screen shot who has the save issue:

“The dots are because it’s a 1.9+ combat server and you are in version 1.8.9. there is no texture for the attack cooldown in versions below 1.9, do it displays dots instead“

My google skills are not as strong as they should be and I can’t find any more information about this. Is anyone able to help with some surplus knowledge? Is there a work around for this?
Minecraft Bedrock Edition doesn't have an attack cooldown as Minecraft Java Edition has. Geyser bridges this gap by sending a title (text that appears middle of the screen) to show Bedrock players their attack cooldown.

PerthDad

Apr 4, 2022
ohh I see.
So it’s related to bedrock client-java server differences.
Thanks LoJoSho. I’ll see if this attack cool-down can be turned off in the server. That might make it more enjoyable for bedrock users. Thanks for your help!