Question All player advancements reset?

sebastian97

Apr 20, 2022
Hi, I am using pufferfish which is a fork of paper (which yeah is a fork of spigot). Basically, I deleted my bukkit.yml, spigot.yml, and paper.yml in order to regenerate all the configs. When I did this I noticed upon logging on all my advancements had been reset. Everything else is totally fine.

I look in the world/advancement folder and notice almost everyone's advancements has been reset. I kind of freak out but whatever, I got backups. Strange thing is, all my backups from the past week have the exact same thing (all reset for the most part other than some super old accounts that haven't logged on in ages).

So my question is, was there something in my config perhaps that was changing where the advancements were stored? It doesn't make sense my old backups also have empty advancements because the advancements were totally working before I reset the yml files. Any help or insight is appreciated. It isn't the end of the world, but it does kind of suck.

sebastian97

Apr 20, 2022
yeah sadly, I took the oldest backup I had, loaded it onto a local server with just paper, and the advancements are still fudged. Guess ill just take it as a loss, still seems strange wish I knew what happened. What is weird is, the advancements have been working fine for a week until I reset those configs, yet my week old backup the advancements are messed up still.

Last edited:

sebastian97

Apr 20, 2022
PLEASE HELP SOMEONE DONATED $300 TO THE SERVER FOR ADMIN ABILITIES AND THEY ARE THREATENING TO CHARGE BACK IF I DONT FIX THEIR ADVANCEMENT. I ALREADY SPENT THE $300 ON A NEW BONG (really nice RooR piece with triple perculation, ice catcher, thick glass)
1650485055104.png