Question Unknown reason for server crash on startup.

MythicalMew

Jun 16, 2022
Hi, sorry I'm not very well versed on Minecraft/Paper server hosting so if this is a common error received I'm sorry for any bother.
Basically for some context, every once in a while with a Minecraft update me and some close friends would start up a Minecraft server and I'd host it, we were planning to start another one today using Minecraft 1.19 and no matter what I tried (and I searched a lot online for anything relating to this error, nothing was exact, but vague similar error solutions still didn't work) I couldn't get it to work.
I have hosted servers, both vanilla and modded before, they've all had their own errors that eventually were resolved, but again, I've never seen anything like this before and nothing would work. I've tried using different RAM allocations, I've tried using different versions of 1.19, such as Vanilla and now Paper. Hell, I've even tried switching systems and using my main PC instead of my server hosting laptop. Still, nothing is working.
The strangest thing to me though is that it's not a networking issue either, I tried for the hell of it, booting up some of the older servers to see if they would launch and they all worked fine, so I'm just very confused as to why it's not working for 1.19.
Again, sorry if this is obvious or any bother, I'd just like to be able to get to the bottom of this, part of me thinks it might be an issue with Minecraft itself getting the server files due to some of the command lines in the error message, but I've checked everywhere and Minecraft servers seem to have been functioning all day, so as a last hope I've turned here, and hope someone here can make any sense of this lol, many thanks.

ERROR IN CRASH REPORT: (I didn't think the full log was needed as everything else worked fine, but if needs be I'll be happy to attach the full log.)
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to initialize server
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.runServer(MinecraftServer.java:1122)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$spin$0(MinecraftServer.java:302)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

MythicalMew

Jun 16, 2022