Question Certain player joined and was not able to take damage

sebastian97

Apr 20, 2022
Hi, I just had something very strange and concerning happen.
A player joined (who had played briefly before (for maybe 10 minutes) 3-4 days ago.

They joined back today and for WHATEVER annoying reason, were not taking damage from PVP or PVE.
Now, my first instinct is some plugin, but quite literally none of my plugins should be giving godmode. It is an anarchy server with no protection, essentials, anything. Here is the plugin list:

Autorank
ColoredAnvils
ColoredSigns
CommandWhitelist
DeathBan
Graves
GrimAC
HeadDrops*
LuckPerms
PixeslTab
Plan
ProtocolLib
ServerBackup
SIR*
ViewDistanceTweaks
VotifierPlus
VotingPlugin

The only thing I can think of doing is maybe put the server in offline mode, join using his username and seeing if I can fix it because it is only that one player I have noticed it on nobody else. Super annoying. Is there anyway to diagnose this? Thanks.

Malfrador

Jan 4, 2022
Take a look at their player data file (.dat file with their UUID in your main world folder) with NBTExplorer.
My guess would be that they have the armor attribute set very high.
if its not that, remove plugins until the issue disappears I guess.

sebastian97

Apr 20, 2022
Take a look at their player data file (.dat file with their UUID in your main world folder) with NBTExplorer.
My guess would be that they have the armor attribute set very high.
if its not that, remove plugins until the issue disappears I guess.
Yeah, the complicated thing is they aren't going to rejoin and have already left. Its only them, I can try to put the server in offline and join as them, but then the plugins won't work correctly without UUID. The only thing I noticed in NBTExplorer was they had "Invulnerable" set to 1, however they were in the death screen and I think that is why (I used console to kill them hoping it would fix it)

I opened up my player file in NBTExplorer and set "Invulnerable" to 1, saved and uploaded it, and it didn't make me invincible. So I am really confused on how to diagnose this.

sebastian97

Apr 20, 2022
OK so after really thinking about it and going through all my options, I found out it is a glitch with a plugin. It lets you set players invincible on first join for a set amount of time, but if they leave before it runs out and rejoins, they are invincible forever LOL. I reported it and found a little fix I can do in the mean time .Thanks!