Guide Minecraft Anti-cheating on the client side

D3it7i

Jul 20, 2022
Cheating is a massive issue in today’s multiplayer games that has the potential to ruin entire communities. -- BattlEye
I looked at the minecraft protocol and it's not perfect on multiplayer, nothing like it was designed for multiplayer. Always sending too many unnecessary packets to the player.
There are various forms of cheating in Minecraft at present, but the popular anti-cheat is only effective on the server side, or unsuccessful
A successful anti-cheat should:It hardly affects the game experience of good players, and will not ban good players by mistake, Updated over time, no undetectable cheaters
So? I think it's because it's hard to fight cheaters on the server side, they not on the same level, that's why I said Minecraft anti-cheat should be implemented on the client side

How to Client Side Anti-Cheat Ideas:
  1. Should it be a mod, or an executable program/driver, open source/closed source
  2. Dynamic compilation?
If as an open source mod:
  1. How to avoid being corrupted by cheating programs
  2. Securely communicate with the server (Is it possible to implement in open source?)
  3. Get client environment information, installed mods, HWID (may be HWIDBAN? and Avoid being corrupted by cheating programs)

reference:
This is a client-side anti-cheat that appeared a long time ago, and I don't know why it failed, or is not updated anymore: https://mineplugin.org/Ymer

I'm very interested in this, but it's not necessarily correct, please let me know if there's something wrong with my remarks.

Jan 28, 2022
Germany
crazycloudcraft.de
Very interesting, but the most players don't download a mod to disable the cheats on a server (if they have them installed).
And if you would have something that works, these people programm something aganist it.

Also, why should someone cheat on a server? Because there too bad?. No after my opinion, servers that are too difficult. The players will serach a way to have it easy, the best way is to talk to these people, what they would like to change (and if it's something that you can also agree with) the servers could change that, but if the cheater is futher cheating. You should ban him.

What could help is a client blocker, that blocking not wanted clients or mds. That cloud be something. But how you said, its working mostly with packets.

D3it7i

Jul 20, 2022
Very interesting, but the most players don't download a mod to disable the cheats on a server (if they have them installed).
And if you would have something that works, these people programm something aganist it.

Also, why should someone cheat on a server? Because there too bad?. No after my opinion, servers that are too difficult. The players will serach a way to have it easy, the best way is to talk to these people, what they would like to change (and if it's something that you can also agree with) the servers could change that, but if the cheater is futher cheating. You should ban him.

What could help is a client blocker, that blocking not wanted clients or mds. That cloud be something. But how you said, its working mostly with packets.
So I wanted an open source implementation that gamers could live with.
and There are a lot of cheat programs on Minecraft right now, but few anti-cheat programs
and There are many mods, very good, But they do too much more than they are supposed to do

I think I'll start by developing a simple, open source one that gives the server the right to know what MODs are installed on the Fabric client, so that the server owner can effectively disable certain MODs and know what MODs are being used by players. This is easy to bypass, though, and requires client cooperation.
Forge is built-in, but Fabric is not

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022
Germany
crazycloudcraft.de
So I wanted an open source implementation that gamers could live with.
and There are a lot of cheat programs on Minecraft right now, but few anti-cheat programs
and There are many mods, very good, But they do too much more than they are supposed to do

I think I'll start by developing a simple, open source one that gives the server the right to know what MODs are installed on the Fabric client, so that the server owner can effectively disable certain MODs and know what MODs are being used by players. This is easy to bypass, though, and requires client cooperation.
Forge is built-in, but Fabric is not
Yes, you could do a mod that lists all mods or the client information, but what if you just make a plugin that blockes all clients exept for the Minecraft one as long as the other clients didn't implement something like client infomation for the servers. But that would need very much time to discuss that with Mojang, Fabric, Quilt, Forge, and so on. (Because otherwise nobody could join your server)

How the serverinfomation from the client could look like:
Code:
#client_infomation
userid: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
username: TheUnkown
cient_name: Quilt
modified: true
mods: Irisshaders, Sodium, WorldEdit