Question Server can't keep up...

Connor158910

Jun 28, 2022
Hello, I recently made a 1.19 server using paper. No issues for the first few days however last night we hit really bad lag spikes.

The console stated the sever was thousands of ticks behind and then do a thread dump. This keeps happening and I have posted in the discord for help as well.

The server is able to recover sometimes but other times will crash. I am on version 40 and the issues still continue. They were not happening previously and only occurred from yesterday. I run openinv and dynmap as the only plugins however the lag still happens with no plugins. I have used this same machine to host a much bigger server running paper before so I'm not too sure why this issue is occurring now.

I have attatched a log a gc log and linked the timings report below.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Connor

Timings
https://timings.aikar.co/?id=38672636ffa344fb8d91bfe9f155987c
Version Output
This server is running Paper version git-Paper-40 (MC: 1.19) (Implementing API version 1.19-R0.1-SNAPSHOT) (Git: 0d79b86)
You are running the latest version

Attachments

• 2022-06-28-14.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 3
  • gc.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 1

Connor158910

Jun 28, 2022
Hello,
I think that you have to pre generate the world chunks. Because the Server have issues to save the worlds. You can use Chunky or Fast Chunk Pregenerator.

Also you can use the Management Scripts to set a ram limit for the Server.
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately the issue occurs in chunks that have already been loaded and explored before as well. Even if there is 1 person on or 10 the issue still occurs. Not really sure what to do. This only started the other day and was not previously an issue.